We can recover the full sharpness of your granulator knife, ensuring the optimal performance of your granulator machine.
A professional granulator knife sharpening service provided from Fernite’s ISO 9001 certified factory in Sheffield.
A team of professional and experienced knife sharpening experts, who look after your knives as they would if they were sharpening a brand new knife.
To ensure that the knives tolerances required by your granulator manufacturer are maintained, we recommend that you send your granulator knives to us as a complete set. Please let us know what type of material you are processing, as thinner materials often require tighter knife tolerances.
What should you expect from Fernite’s granulator knife sharpening service?:
- The capacity to sharpen blades of up to 6 metres in length.
- Using less rigid porous grinding abrasives for minimal-loading and cool surface sharpening means that your knife doesn’t overheat and become more brittle as a result.
- Using the correct equipment for sharpening either Carbon, Alloy, or even Tungsten Tipped granulator knife.
- On custom request, a granulator knife can be finish ground to profile.
- Sharpening and regrinding knives with any angle and profile.
- Blades reground to as good as new sharpness.
How exactly is a Granulator Knife blade sharpened?
- Professional knife sharpening is a process that involves various steps.
- Precise knife sharpening typically begins with cleaning and removing any residue, to facilitate a high-quality sharpening.
- The knives are then carefully measured and sorted to make sure that the least amount of knife material is removed while ensuring the tightest tolerances throughout the set of blades.
- To properly sharpen granulator knives, the knife is held in place and precisely rotated to match the exact angle requirements needed to meet the tolerances of the granulator machine.
- As the knife is sharpened, it is flooded with coolant to decrease heat and eliminate the risk of changing the hardness level of the material. Knife edges within a set are all ground simultaneously to a specific width to ensure optimized gap setting.
Regular professional sharpening of a granulator knife significantly improves the performance of your granulator. On average, a granulator knife can be sharpened at least 10 times before reaching the end of their life. Every time, we take off only the damaged part of your granulator knife protecting the life expectancy of your blades.
At Fernite, we work within strict tolerances to deliver a sharpened knife that is like new.
Follow this link to read our post about Cumberland Granulator Blades Sharpening.
If you would like to get more information about our granulator knife sharpening services please use the form on the right of this page or call us +44 (0) 114 244 0527 ext 133
However, if you think you need to replace your knife and get a new one then read more about our granulator blades manufacture.