Fernite is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Fernite may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 25 May 2018.
We have a two lawful bases for processing data.
1. We have a “legitimate interest” for processing data because we are a customer service organisation and need to contact customers and prospective customers in order to exist.
By contacting through email whenever possible we are causing minimal privacy impact and indeed limiting interruption to customers.
We will only contact you if we have collected contact details directly from you and not from a 3rd party marketing database.
2. We have a “contractual interest” to communicate with you if you have asked us to contact you to discuss a technical issue, potential sale and need to quote, or in order to communicate during a project or supported issue.
If we are contacting you without having obtained contact details directly from you, then we will first send an email requesting consent to communicate.
In some cases we may hold details of technical configuration. If we do this then we also hold details of a primary contact. We will never release this information to anybody except the primary contact without first gaining written permission from the primary contact.
Controlling your personal data
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the General Data protection Regulation EU2016/679.
On occasion we may levy a small fee to provide the information.
If you would like a copy of the information held about you, or believe that any information we hold about you is incorrect then please write to
Fernite of Sheffield Ltd
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We will respond to you within 28 days.
Right to erasure
If you wish to have your data deleted from our system then please call us on 0114 244 0527 or write to us using the address above, stating your request.
We will confirm your request and then delete data if necessary. This will happen within 28 days.
However before you do contact us, please consider the information below:
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
• name and job title
• contact information including email address
• demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
• other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
We do not hold any “special category” or “criminal offence” data.
Where a child contacts us directly then we will only ask for contact information if we can speak to an adult during that contact.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• Internal record keeping.
• We may use the information to improve our products and services.
• We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
• From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.